Graduate Student Research Presentations, Spring 2013
April 30, 2013
3:00 - 6:00pm
Room 256, Bull Run Hall, Prince William Campus
- Chang Liu: "Identification and Visualization of Notable Conserved Regions of Adenovirus Genomes"
- Sindhu Priya Oggu: "Analysis of Mutations in Viral Proteins"
- Soroosh Masouleh: "Evaluation of a Bioinformatics and Genomics Algorithm for Typing Human Adenovirus"
- Scott Dean: "Signaling in Francisella"
- Maria Keaton: "The Balance of T-Lymphocyte Specifying Transcription Factors and the Cytokine Expression In Obese Patience with Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD)"
- Leah Byars: "IL28B Genotype Associations with Metabolic Syndrome"
- Sean Mackessey: "A Quantitative Assessment of Neuronal Classes in the Rodent Hippocampus"
- Sangeeta Shukla: "Computational Exploration Reveals Inhomogeneity in Mitochondrial Cristae Solute Distribution"
- Amirhossein Shamsaddini Shahbabak (Amir Shams): "Statistical Analysis of Environmental Risk Factors of Breast Cancer"
- Sarita Limbu: "Mechanisms of Stretch-Activated Reactive Oxygen Modulation of Excitation-Contraction Coupling: Computational Studies"
- Gautam Shankar: "Structure based models of functional impact of mutations in Von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor protein"
- Nicholas Leverone: "Novel antimicrobial peptide from human macrophage elastase (MMP-12)" (Advisor: van Hoek)
- Moushimi Amaya: "The role of IKKβ in VEEV replicatio" (Advisor: Narayanan)
- Daniel Veltri: "Physicochemical Feature Selection for Cathelicidin Antimicrobial Peptides" (Advisor: Shehu)
- Idris Hooper: "Acriflavine as a Novel Venezuelan Equine Encephalitis Virus Therapeutic" (Advisor: Kehn-Hall)
- Liz Jaworski: "Exosomes derives from HTLV-1 infected cells contain viral proteins" (Advisor: Kashanchi)
- Tuan Hoang-Trong: "Understanding the Molecular Basis of Calcium-Entrained Arrhythmia through Multiscale Modeling" (Advisor: Jafri)